Monday, 26 April 2010

Volume Wk9 W/O1

This is a deloading phase. The goal here is some 50% (ish) RM mileage. Nothing too taxing. Last Friday (which was sheduled as a lower body day), I undertook another circuit of one of my favourite walks/rambles. This took 3.5 hours and incorporated a couple of the local big hills (see here for more details).

I enclose this detail to allow anyone following my progress to be fully aware of my exercise - particularly as there are some who believe I might be 'burning fat off' and eating less/doing more!

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (20 mins)
1. Sprinting to Fig 8s (1x10sx50s rest, 1x10sx50s rest, 1x10sx50s rest, 1x10sx50s rest, 1x10sx50s rest)
2a. Frog Planche (5x2s, 5x2s, 5x2s)
2b. Backbridges (3x15s)

PM
3a. (Light) Ring Routine to Chins (5, 5, 5)
3b. Cuts to Splits (3x1 each way)
3c. Fingerboard (5x1, 5x1, 5x1, 5x1, 5x1, )

4. Handstand Straddle (Play@LGKF for time)

Another great day - so I did a few extra sprints as I was out on a playing field bathed in sun under a blue sky with a fresh breeze!

Once again the planching seems slightly laboured but the backbridges feel increasingly solid. I am wondering whether my recent increase in weight is due to bigger legs - making the planche leverages increasingly unfavourable.

No comments: