Monday, 12 April 2010

Volume Wk7 W/O1

Despite the 'Flash Carry' up Win Hill earlier (a Flash Carry is like a Kill Carry, but with a more animated load), I persisted with this evenings workout as it is more shoulder and upper body focussed then on the lower body.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)

1. Frog/Tuck Planche (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)

2. Sprinting (1x12sx60s rest, 1x12sx60s rest, 1x12sx60s rest, 1x12sx60s rest, 1x12sx60s rest)

3a. Ring Routine to 20s Tuck Lever to Chins/RopeClimb (8, 8, 8)
3b. Three-Way Cuts (1x3, 1x3, 1x3)

4. Handstand Straddle (Play@LGKF for time)

The rests were pretty big between both sets and reps. I interspersed the planching with cooking. Once the kids' feeding frenzy was over, I was able to dedicate my time to training.

I managed to get eight reps for each of the three sets of chins. The last rep of the last set was really hard fought. Split and cut flexibility is not too good at the moment but the shoulders are feeling increasingly strong and (more importantly), in good condition and healthy, despite the trauma I inflict upon them!

I need to concentrate on this planching lark (I know I keep saying this), but progress does seem to have stalled on the tuck planche. I guess it doesn't help that I am drifting off in to getting a one-armer on the chins but there you go.

No comments: