Friday, 16 April 2010

Volume Wk7 W/O3

The aim here is to complete the reps and sets shown. I have fallen short of a rep or two here and there thus far.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1. Deadlift (5x95kg, 3x130kg 1x150kg/140kg)
2a. HSPU/Press/Snatch (12x14kg, 12x14kg, 12x14kg)
2b. One Arm Chins (12x38kg, 12x38kg, 12x38kg)
3a. Ice Cream Maker to Lever (8, 8, 8)
3b. Pseudo Planche Press Ups (8, 8, 8)

Well, everything went to plan except for the fact that I could not lock out on the last rep of the last set of dumbell presses. Gutted.

I have also become unhappy with my deadlift. I think my form is wrong and so am planning on dropping the weights right back for a few weeks to work on my technique. There is no point lifting heavier weights if the form is going to shit. (However I did set a PB of 150kg!)

On the OACs I had to fight for the last rep of the last set - but only with my right (stronger) arm. Curious.

Other than that, my ego got a massive stroke when I caught a glance of myself in the mirror. Looks like Easter chocolate hasn't had too detrimental effect on my physique.

Great workout and shoulders are totally toasted and I am heading home later in anticipation of some lamb on the bone cooked in my spanking new slow cooker.

1 comment:

dextery said...

I wanted to alert you to Dr Myhill in the UK who is about to be struck from the medical register for being a "danger" to her patients.

She is a low carb, high fat kind of doctor who needs help in fighting the GMC.

To summarize: the GMC has decided that Dr. Myhill is "a potential risk to public safety" and should lose her license to practice medicine. And what is this serious accusation based on? It's based on the vague complaints of a small group of doctors who compete with Dr. Myhill, and one typo-filled anonymous letter complaining about her website. That's right, the GMC has not received even a single complaint from patients! In fact, they have received hundreds of emails, letters, faxes and phone calls from Dr. Myhill's satisfied patients, in support of her work.

http://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Main_Page