Sunday, 31 October 2010

Volume Wk5 W/O1 (Short Rests)

So the last workout (the second of the week), felt a bit shabby.  Thus I have put in a rolling rest.  How this cuts it is that I do three workouts a week.  I dropped the third (last), workout of last week.  I will drop the second workout from this weeks' series and then drop the first workout from next week.  This should let me gain in the workouts.  By week eight or nine I end my cycle so I should be dropping back anyway.

The tweaking of my training is an ongoing thing.  I don't want to be a slave to some regime and have to by flexible around the demands of Lau Gar, climbing and playing with Flash and CK.  All have a habit of taking quite a bit out of me at unexpected times.  Whilst I embrace this randomness, I have to be on top of throttling back in other areas.

Although I did no formal training last Friday I did take Captain Kid for her first visit to the local bouldering wall.  She seems to have an aptitude for climbing - once she had overcome her fear of heights, and trusted that she could fall in control on to the matting.  I managed to nip off to a quiet area and do a couple of backflips - possibly my only two this year.  Glad I still have the knack - and am not gripped by 'the fear'.....talking of which/witch.....

Tonight is Halloween and there can be few things scary than a barefoot man sprinting around in the dark.  As noted from last week, I am cutting the planche from this workout (and the lever from my usual midweek workout).

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
3. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3, 3, 3)
4. Basic MU Ring Routine to Lever (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
5. Barefoot Weighted Kill Carry (1 + Weight Vest)

Another superlative workout.  Invigorating underfoot.  The stairgators felt great - with no matching of hands on any step on the way up or the way down.  Resting on Friday was clearly the right thing to do.  I also felt better on the back lever in the ring routine.

This now gives me  a conundrum.  Working out three times a week with my other physical commitments is too much on occasion.  It is nice to have got it right last week with extending the rest.  Now I am wondering  do I stick with the 'rolling rest day' or do I go for two workouts one week and one workout the week after?  Rolling rests look good for now but they might not always give me the rest I need between work days.  Guess I will keep sucking it to see.  If my numbers go up then its good.

No comments: