Friday, 8 October 2010

Volume Wk1 W/O3 (Short Rests)

So more deloading.  Need to break myself slowly in to the increase in volume.  Rests are short (30-60s).

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25 mins)
1. Pistols/Pillar Jumps (8xBW - assisted, 10x46, 10x46)
2. HSPU/Press/Snatch (12x10kg, 10x12kg, 8x12kg)
3. Tucked Ice Cream Maker (6, 6, 6)
4. Chins (8xBW, 8xBW, 8xBW)

The nature of Lau Gar training means no Psuedo Planche Press Ups are needed.  The weights were auto regulated (I wanted this to be reasonably light).  The exercises were picked to accomodate the busy gym.  No injuries to report - so my tendon/arm problem has resolved itself.  Boy was this a fast workout.

I need to look at my workout templates because once again I seem to be getting lost in whichever program I am following.  I don't really mind as I like the free form nature of these workouts - I have a rough idea of what I want to do and just grab the appropriate exercises.  At some point though I need to know what amount of work I did on a previous phase of exercise and from that I need to know that I have either lifted a heavier weight, or lifted the same weight for more reps.  I need to know I am stronger.  Keeping the rests short is also tougher so I need to account for this.

Weight wise, I seem to be coming in at just under 85kg rather than 'just over'.  Not sure if this is anything to write home about.

No comments: