Tuesday, 12 October 2010

Volume Wk2 W/O2 (Short Rests)

Although still not pushing to the max, I am hitting 'bread and butter' work rates.  I will add a rep on here and there, perhaps increase the weight.....a little auto-regulation.  Short rests are higher on my list of goals than reps or weight.  Although with the DL I will rest longer than 60s...

Last night's Lau Gar was quite demanding so auto-regulation is high on my list of priorities.  I don't want to get injured in pursuit of 'the rep'.  My injured elbow is healing nicely and offers a salutory warning to me.  When it first occured I pushed through the pain.  Foolish.  The rehab has involved more measured training and careful choice of exercise in particular.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Deadlift (5x105kg, 6x95kg)
2. Wall Walk/Back Bridge (4, 15s, 15s)
3. Advanced Frog Planche (20s, 20s, 20s)
4. Tuck Lever (20s, 20s, 20s)
5. 4-Way Rotator Cuff Work (1x15 each way)

I ended up adding one rep more than last week on the DL.  The rest was a little over 60s and I could easily have cranked out more reps and/or gone heavier.  I am off the leash next week so we will see what comes.

The levers and planches were off the back of 30s (+/- 5s) rests.  This makes the a truly harrowing last set.  The phrase 'shaking like a shitting dog' comes to mind on the last set of planches.  I should have held back a bit more on the planches, but ..... well you know how it goes.

Weight is just over 85kg.  Feeling psyched.

No comments: