Saturday, 9 October 2010

The More You Lift the Worse You Look

Dan John has posted an interesting article that picks up on Art DeVany's concept of the X-look (a consequence of function over form):
  • Art DeVany brought this to my attention when I first logged onto the Internet. He noted that the X look for men was a sign of health. Men, he notes, should have broad shoulders, a thin waist, powerful buttocks and thighs, and not worry about their showy arms. Women, on the other hand, would show fertility with an hourglass figure with a narrow waist "bordered" by a rounder top and bottom.
Personally seeing a big guy (all muscle), struggling to get over an eight foot wall put me off bodybuilding for life - and consolidated my focus on training for function...although for some reason (and despite Art's opinion), I wouldn't mind big guns!

No comments: