Sunday, 3 October 2010

Volume Wk1 W/O1 (Short Rests)

I am back in the saddle after a week off.  I intend to build a bit of volume on my next phase.  Rests will be generally 30s-60s.  This first workout is intended to be short and sharp.  But not to failure - it needs to be athletic and sprightly throughout.  And all  barefoot.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)

3. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3, 3, 3)
4. Basic MU Ring Routine to Lever (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
5. Planche Variation (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)

I will be honest, I LOVE this workout.  I think a lot of it is to do with the fact that it is auto-regulated.  I slow reps up or down as the inclination takes me.  I try to keep the whole session at a vigorous pace.  It is more of an expression of my fitness rather than a means to an end.

As the temperature has dropped (and it has rained almost continually for the past three days) the barefooting has been, how shall I put it, invigorating!

Stairgators are a great start to a workout, which tax your abdominal muscles and core as much as your arms and shoulders.  This offers a nice parallel to the Kill Carry at the end which taxes the core and the legs.

No comments: