Sunday, 17 October 2010

Volume Wk3 W/O1 (Short Rests)

Off the leash!  I am through with the deloaded phase and can now try to push things for the next four weeks.  The Kill Carry will involve the weight vest.  The sprints will be harder for longer (but still in the 10s time).  The MUs will more explosive and the following ring routine more composed.

The rests will still be short!

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Planche Variation (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
2. Stairgators (1)
3. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
4. Scissor Splits/Cuts (3, 3, 3)
5. Basic MU Ring Routine to Lever (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
6. Barefoot Weighted Kill Carry (1 + Weight Vest)


Cold underfoot tonight - and once back indoors, barefoot sprinting left an tingling sensation on my soles.  Quite invigorated.  These winter night workouts are great.  The streets are quiet and, under the gaze of the stars, the Moon and Jupiter, it is nice to play out the role of urban HG.

I started with the planche.  I need to re-introduce the harder variation as I can hit the objective time easily.  Time to once again try my hand at tuck.  I am wary of overloading my shoulders as my workouts are shoulder intense.  I might have to look to cut back elsewhere.

The ring routine is getting easier.  I need to work on certain holds - the back lever for instance.  I might also add in another MU at the end (notwithstanding the comments above).

A happy workout.

Last week Mrs A looked at me having just 'stairgated' my way on all fours down the stairs and said "One day....", I focused deep in to her eyes, my heart pounding, waiting for her next words, "...somebody is going to have you committed!".

This week saw Mrs A ironing at the top of the stairs.  I was stairgatoring (on all fours and backwards), up the stairs.  We had a chat about the kids then I set off down the stairs again (on all fours and headfirst), calling out "Cheerio" on the way.  We both laughed at the absurdity of the situation; how me parting ways with her like that was....kind of 'normal for us'.

I thought back to the previous exchange between us and though that she might just have a point!

No comments: