Sunday, 30 September 2012

RPT Wk1 W/O1

I think I will stick with an RPT program for the next phase.  I brought my last cycle to an end simply to fit in a fight (Lau Gar).  As a consequence, I took last week very lightly - deloading by cutting sets rather than backloading weights or cutting reps.

This phase I might experiment with bicarbonate of soda as an ergogenic.  Diet wise I am still mindful of daily macronutrients but foodgroups are 'paleo' and there is no calorie counting per se - although trying to eat to macro ratios imposes some limit.  Although often I am eating a bit more than my appetite leads me to do.

My raspberry canes are groaning under the weight of fruit so cheesecake has been high on my list of foodstuffs.  The digestive base makes it particularly non-paleo, but heck, I don't sweat this stuff.  If I am going to eat 'crapinabag' I just do it.  As a proportion of my diet it is largely insignificant and only features for limited time in my diet.  You've got to go with the seasons at times like this.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Planche Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)
3. Barefoot Sprinting (1x15s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
4. Rope Climb (2)
5a. MU to Ring Routine (2, 2).
5b. Scissor Splits (3x '2L, 2R, 2C') 
6. Weighted Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
7. Fingerboard Routine (10min)

Solid session.  Sprints felt light and quick.  Planche variations were solid and in control.  MUs were acceptable.

We've been doing a lot of family walking recently.  We played hide & seek in the woods yesterday afternoon.  Originally there was a LOT of protest about going in to the woods - they wanted to go to the park instead.  But once in amongst the trees, laying trails and markers for other to follow, and setting up ambushes, they loved it.  We actually returned to the woods later that evening to do a night walk (at their insistence).  They loved the thrill of being out in the woods at night.  We heard owls and possibly foxes or badgers in the undergrowth.  Great fun.

No comments: