Tuesday, 11 September 2012

RPT Wk4 W/O2

I aim to repeat and consolidate last week's highs, particularly with the chins.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand Variation (air squats + side lunges, one legged floor touches + front lunges, front/side/turning kicks + hanging kicks)
2. Pistols (6x75kg, 8x70kg, 10x65kg)
3. OACs (5x60kg, 6x55kg, 8x45kg)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Wrist Push Ups (12)
6. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)

Weight : 80kg

Handstands 1 and 3 were dire.  Handstand 2 was awesome.  Go figure.  I think my shoulders are tired and certainly the DL work on Friday is casting a long shadow....

I fulfilled the objectives with Pistols and feel I am doing them in good form with a controlled descent (without collapsing at the base of the movement).  Driving is straight through the heel.

OACs were a real high.  Form was good and I opened out my chest at the base of the movement.  I didn't quite go to failure and as my elbows showed signs of flaring on the last rep of sets 1 and 3, I figured I'd paced it about right.

Weight is back up to 80kg but feel lean and mean.  What started with a degree of ambivalence finished leaving me quite happy about the workout generally.

By week six I will taper the session and deload.  I've got a fight coming up at the end of the month so it is the perfect to wrap this phase up.  I am not sure what to go for next.  I might go for gradual recomposition (+/- 20%  with a 531, but am equally inclined to give my current program another six week cycle.

1 comment:

Krasen Markov said...

Hello, my name is Krasen.
I found your blog through reciprocal link. I have a blog too: Fitness Proof and my blog is fitness & health related. I hope you won't mind my asking if you're interested in exchanging links for better search engine rankings.

Just let me know.

Kind regards,
Krasen Markov