Thursday, 20 September 2012

Popcorn Lung

I blogged about popcorn lung a month or so back. It seems that it is not just the workers at risk. From the BBC:
  • A US man has been awarded $7.2m (£4.4m) in damages after claiming he developed "popcorn lung" from inhaling the artificial butter in microwave popcorn.

    A Colorado jury agreed with Wayne Watson that a popcorn manufacturer should have had warning labels that the bag's fumes were dangerous to inhale.  
Next visit to the cinema, look around at who is eating this stuff!

No comments: