Tuesday, 2 October 2012

RPT Wk1 W/O2

Full steam ahead!  The only variation from now onwards is that I will stop handstanding after two quality handstands (and wrap up with a handwalk 'for time').  I will also resist the lower down from a handstand to work my planche muscles.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand Variation (air squats + side lunges, one legged floor touches + front lunges, front/side/turning kicks + hanging kicks)
2. Pistols (8/6x75kg, 10/8x70kg, 12/10x65kg)
3. OACs (6/5x60kg, 6x55kg, 7/8x45kg)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Wrist Push Ups (12)
6. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)

Weight : 78.5kg
Weight seems to be falling still - I hope this is fat loss!

I started off with some SOLID handstands of about 15s each.  Really happy with the progress here as I quickly got both of them under control and in to the zone.

I managed two extra reps on each set of Pistols so I will cut the assistance and pare the reps back to 4, 6 and 8.  I'd like to get to zero assistance and then work on the lower phase to make it much slower (4s).

The OACs were done with good from.  I got an extra rep on the first set but fell short by one rep on the last set.  But form was good throughout (no flaring of lats), and I am uninjured.

A solid session.

No comments: