Friday, 7 September 2012

RPT Wk3 W/O3

My abs are still recoiling from Wednesday's kickboxing.  Lots of kicks and crunches sore-abs make.  However, I am looking forwards to this session.  I need to push reps on each of the sets.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand Variations (air squats + side lunges, front lunges + floor touches, front/side/turning kicks, Low Kicks + Reverse Kicks)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Deadlift (5/4x130/128, 7/6x110/109, 9/8x90)
4. Wall Walk (3, 3)
5. Backbridge (15s)

Shoulder Pre-habilitation
6. External Shoulder Rotations (12)
7. External Shoulder Rotations (12)

8. 321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering

Weight: 79*
Handstands were 'accomplished'.  They say the self-coached athlete (!) has a fool for a trainer and with my handstands I can see why.  I've been getting sooooo focused on holding the handstand that I tend not to spread my fingers.  Realising this today, and forcing the finger spread, I pumped out several high quality handstands (IMO), but not of particularly long duration (perhaps 10 seconds each).  Progress nevertheless!

Deadlifts felt great.  I got and extra rep on each set which surprised me given how tough the first set was last week.  Once I hit six on the first rep I will add a few kilo - although I have to round the weights up given the size of the biscuits available at my gym.

Back flexibility felt great - so the wall walks and backbridge were cathartic.  I forgot the manna stuff so will do that tonight when I go climbing for an hour or so on the way home from work.

The big news is my weight.  I am now down to 79kg,  Clearly strong and looking leaner.  For the past week - and for the past two nights in particular, I have been urinating a couple of times at night and radiating heat like a supernova.  When I pinch my skin it is getting visibly thinner. 

This is weird because I am not getting any hunger pangs or anything.  Simply juggling around HF/LC  foods on rest days and LF/HC foods on training days has improved my body composition.  I have had to forsake tongue and black pudding as I work out how to hit macros (without death-by-tuna).  But I am close to that and will look to put tongue and black pudding back on the menu as my cooking skills improve.

No comments: