Friday, 14 September 2012

RPT Wk4 W/O3

I'm quite enjoying how my training is going at the moment.  I am pushing things and am uninjured (something I like to frequently reflect upon due to long history of carrying a 'niggle' here and there without trying to resolve it). 

I can feel muscle soreness from my current workload and Lau Gar activities demand I ramp down training over the coming week as I have a 'challenge' next Saturday that requires my A-game.

I am not sure how I will deload.  Do I reduce volume, intensity, or increase rest period?  There is a lot of conflicting advice.  I think I will reduce volume down to one set of heavy.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand Variations (air squats + side lunges, front lunges + floor touches, front/side/turning kicks, Low Kicks + Reverse Kicks)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Deadlift (6x130, 8x110, 10x90)
4. Wall Walk (3, 3)
5. Backbridge (15s)

Shoulder Pre-habilitation
6. External Shoulder Rotations (12)
7. External Shoulder Rotations (12)

8. 321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering

Weight: 80*
Brutal work out.  Added a rep to EVER set of DLs for the second week running.  Form seemed pretty good.  Really enjoyed it.

Handstands were inauspicious to start with.  HS1 was bad.  HS turned in to a hand walk but HS3 was solid for 20s.

Time to deload next week...

No comments: