Monday, 12 July 2010

Volume Wk4 W/O1

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Sprinting (10s, 10s, 10s, 10s)

2a. Advanced Frog Planche (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
2b. L-Sit Rope-Climb to Lock Offs (2, 2, 2)
2c. Cuts to Split Scissors (3x3, 3x3, 3x3)

3 Fingerboard Routine (10min)

4. Handstand (Play@LGKF for time)

The rope climbing pulls something deep out from within. You coil organically around it as you tube upwards. The grip is taxed as are the forearms, shoulders and upper back. The L-sit ensure the core partakes in these 'good times'. Lower on one arm is a killer; preceded each step of the way by a second or so of 'lock off'. So many hits in so little time.

The naure of this workout meant I had enough left to really tackle the fingerboard routine. I didn't completely finish the routine to satisfaction but in terms of dose and response, I had it nailed to perfection.

I feel I am finally getting the hang of making my workouts spontaneous and varied enough from week to week without getting stuck in a rut, nor lacking some coherence and pattern in my training.

I have begun to focus on planes of motion at each workout but use profoundly different exercises to traverse that plane of motion. Add in some set, rep and weight/duration variety and job's a good'un.

This workout was quite short (ignoring the fingerboard workout at the end). I was done in less than 20 minutes. It was hard, but I need to ensure I have some hustle left for Wednesday's workout.

Importantly this is yet another workout where I left feeling really positive and happy, whilst ever so slightly toasted!

No comments: