Friday, 16 July 2010

Volume Wk4 W/O3

Splits are gone. In come kicks to fill out the breaks (front, turning and side, inc. double-ups). At the end of some of the exercises I have added an intense change of flavour but the basic recipe is the same!

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1a. Deadlift/RLL (one or two warm up sets, 5x95, 3x118/115, 1x135/128, 4xRLLs)
1b. HSPU/Press/Snatch/MTBs (8x18kg, 8x18kg, 6/8x18kg, 4xHeSPU)
2a. Tucked Ice Cream Maker (8, 8, 8)
2b. Assisted OACs (8x47kg, 8x47kg, 8x47kg, 4xAlt One Arm Lowers)
2c. Wall Planche Press Ups (8, 8, 8 dropped intensity by moving hands forwards to reach target)
Bold = Achieved (if short of target)

Another great session. i reached all my chinning targets and added on the one arm lowers. The OALs were a bit too quick on the last set as fatigue set in, but reaching 3x8 on the OAC is an improvement on last time. A BIG improvement.

The deadlifts are coming on. I could push it harder and faster, and am tempted to do so. Today was more of a consolidation, but with a RM of 150kg, there is gas in the tank yet. The RLLs felt weird after the DLs and highlighted a loss of technique since dropping RLLs from my standard routine. It was a good idea to put them back in.

My ICMs suck. I don't have much room in my gym to work on technique, but even tucked, they lack quality. I need to reflect upon them in my routine.

The DBPs were taxing. I improved my reps and had little left for the HeSPUs, feeling strangely light and heavy at the same time. Again there is room for technique improvement here.

No comments: