Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Volume Wk4 W/O2

This session emphasises the engine room - core and legs. The fives sets of 100m sprints on the rower were great fun during the last session. I had rested for thirty seconds but will mess about with this rest period. Might do only 20s today.

I am also dropping the splits and cuts work. The ring-splits and ring-cuts I do on a Monday are superior IMO as they engage the muscles through a range of motion and strengthen them using a synergistic approach.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Rowing (5x100m)
2. Pistols/Pillar Jumps (9x56, 9x56, 9x56, 9xBW Wall Jumps)
3a. Wall Walk/BackBridge (1x4, 1x4, 1x4)
3b. Tuck Planche (3x3s, 3x3s, 3x3s)
3c. Straight Back Lever (3x3s, 3x3s, 3x3s)

The tucks were done on parallettes. I try to emphasise leaning forwards, but TBH, I still suck at them! The levers are much more to my liking and I continue to feel progress in terms of the quality of the hold and the degree of leg-extension.

No comments: