Wednesday, 7 July 2010

Volume Wk3 W/O2

I try to guide myself through activity using points of reference governed by novelty, instinct, habit and effort. I need to keep myself challenged with new movements. But too much variation has lead in the past to my routines drifting; lacking sufficient structure to capitalise on efficiency and thusly demand genuine physiological adaption in the body.

I am trying to integrate some varitety whilst maintaining a theme. Thus greater variation will feature in my planche training for example. I will also cut back on session volume given the number of sessions I will tax the planching muscles.

This side of the workout, today feels like it will be tough for all the wrong reasons...but I will suck it and see.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Rowing (5x100m)
2. Pistols/Pillar Jumps (8x56, 8x56, 8x56)
3a. Wall Walk/BackBridge (1x4, 1x4, 1x4)
3b. Cuts to Splits (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
4a. Tuck Planche (3x3s, 3x3s, 3x3s)
4b. Straddle Lever (3x3s, 3x3s, 3x3s)

No comments: