Wednesday, 21 July 2010

Volume Wk5 W/O2

The first pass through 3a-3c will involve a wall walk.  The second pass through will involve a back bridge.  The third is one set of hyper-extension. 

I sometimes feel that these backwards bending type activities are questionably healthful.  I cannot think of an evolutionary type of activity where this sort of movement would be required.  But I do find the general sensation of stretching this way quite pleasant.

I aim to ramp up the rowing with only 15s rest between sets.  The legwork see the addition of a rep - maybe more, we will see.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (30 mins)
1. Rowing (5x100m:15s rest)
2a. Pistols/Pillar Jumps (10x56/57, 10x56/57, 10x56/57, 10x BW Wall Jumps)
2b. Straight Back Lever (3x3s, 3x3s, 3x3s)
3a. Wall Walk : Back-Bridge : Hyper-extension (1x4, 1x15s, 1x15s)
3b. Tuck Planche (3x3s, 3x3s, 3x3s)

I can definitely up the leg work.  Something to bear in mind for next session - although I had to work for the final rep on the final set.  The Tuck Planche almost seems to be going backwards.  Oh well.

I was reflecting after the workout on my paleo epiphany.  The moment I realised that my physique (body composition and strength), did NOT scale with inputs (low fat, carb rich, and, exercise dose - intensity and frequency).  Sure tweaking these things would elicit a response, but after a while my body would go off message and seemingly adapt its own way despite my tightening of screws that were already pretty tightly adjusted.  My body let me know I had to change - but only once I listened to it.  When the pupil is ready, the teacher arrives.

One of the big moments in the transition to paleo lead to the Asclepius Challenge.  Simply put, ask a veg*an to spend at least a week in winter, armed with a spade, foraging for wild food.  Whilst you, armed with a knife, hook, spear and snares (!) do the same.  Only one of you is likely to see the new year with anything other than sunken eyes and a gaunt appearance (eye-sinking might well scale with malnutrition and the onset of death).  As long as you avoid Rabbit Starvation, and given an opportunity to kill larger mammals as well as catch fish - you should have all nutritional bases covered with rudimentary hunting knowledge.  I have a plan to put some of this in to practice later this year.....but that is for another post.

No comments: