Friday, 2 July 2010

Volume Wk2 W/O2

Next week I ramp up to 100%.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1a. Deadlift (3x95kg, 3x108kg 3x122kg)
1b. HSPU/Press/Snatch (8x18kg, 8x16kg, 8x16kg)
2a. Ice Cream Maker Lever (6, 6, 6)
2b. One Arm Chins (7x44kg, 7x44kg, 6x44kg)
3a. Pseudo Planche Press Ups (7, 7, 7)
3b. Splits/Cuts (20s, 20s, 20s)

Maaaan! That felt hard - especially the last rep on the last sets of DLs, and the last rep of the last two sets of OACs. Guess I am just not firing on all cylinders today. It was meant to be deloaded so I had to fight the ego and 'let go' of trying to really push it to make my intended weight and reps. There will be another time when I demand max-effort from within.

The value of a blog is that I can record such feelings. I have been here before and being able to look back to previous workouts gives you a track of your history, your feelings and (if you blog honestly), signs of fatigue/overtraining/other....

No failure. Only feedback.

*UPDATE: I remembered that I actually gave blood the day before this workout!

No comments: