Wednesday, 30 June 2010

Volume Wk2 W/O1

I ended up doing a little routine on Monday night. Mainly focused on my climbing wall (laddering), but I put some effort in to a bit of rope climbing. I find rope climbing is a great warm up for fingers as well as being a great exercise in and of itself.

I only have 2m of rope to play with, but if you start seated and try to maintain an L-Sit climbing slowly both up and down (with a lock-off at the top), boy does that 2m feel hard.

Back to today's routine. The following is still a deloaded phase of 90-95%.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1. Rowing 1x500m 00:01:40
2. Pistols (8x53kg, 8x53kg, 8x53kg)
3a. Wall Walk/BackBridge (3, 3, 3)
3b. Cuts/Splits (1x20s, 1x20s, 1x20s)
3c. Advanced Frog Planche (6x10s)
3d. Straight Back Lever (6x10s)

I crushed the rowing - not trying that hard but putting in a 1:40. The pistols were also duly crushed. I cannot wait for next week and the chance to go for 100% effort.

The planching was a revelation. I changed my tuck so that my knees were resting on my triceps (rather than to the sides of my arms). This pushed my hips much higher than normal and put me in more of the intended pose.

It was very hot and on the last set of planches, sweat dripped off me in to my eyes I go the double vision last seen on the Welsh 15 3ks. This suggests that my double-vision on that walk was sweat related rather than being due to grave health and energy concerns (I wrote that the double vision only occurred looking down rather than ahead so it should have been obvious to me at the time).

As it was a day of blue-sky, I finished off with some pillar jumps, pillar split jumps, hand walks, pillar assisted HeSPUs and cartwheels. Then spent ten minutes just walking around the courtyard where I train, relaxing.

When I walk I imagine someone is pulling me upwards by my hair on the top of my head. I had removed my footwear and strode around in just shorts, letting my mind drift.

No comments: