Friday, 30 March 2012

Gymnastic Week 2 W/O3

Another sunny day, so looking forward to this one...

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Handstand work (10 mins)
2a. Chin Variations (Two Arm + 35kg x 7/6, +45kg x 3, Slow One-Arm Eccentric 1 x each arm 10xBW 2 Arm)
2bi. Headstand RLLs (7)
2bii. Deadlift (2x135kg, 2x135kg)
2c. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
2di. Wall Walk (3)
2dii. Backbridge (15s, 15s)
3. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
4. Reverse Dumbell Curls (12)
5.  321 (8L, 8L, 8M)/Bouldering



The handstands were laboured!  Never really owned the sweet-spot.  I've been throwing a lot of handstands recently so this is to be expected.  I resolved to do handwalking for distance and this was fun.  I can walk a good distance on my hands and easily correct position as I go.  I even have steering now - which is progress indeed.

There was one extra rep on the first set of chins. 

Nothing much else to report.  This workout was very much a case of 'job done'.

No comments: