Tuesday, 27 March 2012

Gymnastic Week 2 W/O2

Time to max it!

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes).
1. Handstands (over 5-10 minutes)
2a. Pistols (Bwx4, Bwx4, Bwx4)
2b L-Sit/Manna Variation (3x5ish seconds)
3a. OAC (2x69kg, 3x64kg, 10xBW)
3b. Backlever to Frontlever (5s, 5s, 5s)
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
6. Wrist PUs from the Knee (12)

Another great workout.  Cool spring breeze, sapphire skies, strong sunshine!  You've go to love life when you can play around outside in this kind of weather.

Handstands were a mixed bag with some walking around and a couple of solid 15+ second holds.  OACs felt solid.  Reckon I can add a rep on to the second set.  In fact I can smell the distinct whiff of a OAC coming soon.  The movement is feeling better than ever with only 15kg assitance (I weigh 85kg), through the full ROM.  There was a time a year or two ago when I felt I'd 'hyperextended' my lats at the top of the movement.  This did NOT feel good.  Nowadays the shoulder and lats all feel in sync.

Pistols were totally free and I will simply work with lowering more slowly or adding a rep to each set.  I need to ensure quality on the left leg - the pistols can get ropey with fatigue or when not properly warmed up.

Over the past few weeks I've had an increasing number of people ask me about my workout and in particular chinning and handstands.  It is good to see bodyweight making something of a comeback.

No comments: