Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Gymnastic Week 4 W/O2

A tough night last night (Lau Gar), has left me feeling a bit gassed in the shoulders and arms today. And thighs (deep horse-riding stance does that to you).  It is a fantastic day - blue skies and sunshine - so I am keen to get outdoors and 'do stuff'.  As usual, I'll attempt to autoregulate as I come across exercises.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes).
1. Handstands (over 5-10 minutes)
2a. Pistols (8x10kg assistance, 8x10kg assistance, 9x10kg assistance)
2b L-Sit/Manna Variation (for time)
3a. OAC (2x69kg, 3x64kg, 10xBW)
3b. Backlever to Frontlever (5s, 5s, 5s)
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
6. Wrist PUs from the Knee (12)

An extra pistol on the last set, an extra OAC (done as a cluster set) and some ambivalent handstands.  Today revealed tired shoulders and I left the gym with 'hot joints'.

Today was really about consolidation - hitting the RMs I set last week.  But the signs are there for me to conclude this cycle sooner rather than later.  A good session nonetheless.

No comments: