Sunday, 4 March 2012

Gymnastic Week 4 W/O1

Again I don't really feel that inspired tonight.  I've left the workout until late and it is cold and wet out!  Oh well, here you go...

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
3. Planche Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)
4ai. Rope Climb (3)
4aii. MU to Ring Routine (3, 3, 3).
5. Scissor Splits (3x '2L, 2R, 2C')
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
7. 321 (8L, 8M, 5/8M)


Despite an apathetic start, the stairgators felt strong.  This carried through to some solid tuck planches.  I had a tweak on my right wrist which has all but disappeared - due in part I think to a cut back in planching.

The MUs felt good.  I tried to work the form and hold the L-Sit at the top of the movement.

The 321s are still a source of progress, and I tried to push two sets on the medium rungs.  But I was gassed after 5 reps on the last set.

I need to start thinking about bring this cycle to an end.  I think there might be one more week in it, then deload.

No comments: