Sunday, 1 April 2012

Gymnastic Week 3 W/O1

It's a good time for Paleo as a concept.  There are some really strong ideas coming through, and an ambition to cut through the BS.  I've been spending more time in the Asylum and this post is a good example why.  Melissa at HuntGatherLove also has a thought provoking piece up at the moment.

I've read nothing to sway me from my own approach to the paleo-gig.  Real foods, some seasonal bias, respond to hunger and no grazing throughout the day.  Keep it simple - the science can bamboozle, the pseudoscience doubly so.  Avoid gurus (and messiahs!).

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
3. Planche Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)
4ai. Rope Climb (3)
4aii. MU to Ring Routine (3, 3, 3).
5. Scissor Splits (3x '2L, 2R, 2C')
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
7. 321 (8L, 8M, 6/8M)

I will be honest.  The day was a fantastic spring morning, but there was no spring in my step.  The leg work felt laboured at times.  I've also got an ache in my arm where I gave blood last week - and this was noticeable during MUs.  I tagged an extra rep on the last set of 321s so all is not lost!

I finished of the session with some car washing with Captain Kid and Flash.  We do it manually with a bucket of suds and a sponge.  We finish off with watering cans (filled from rainwater collectors), to rinse.  It is a great bit of fun with all the basic ingredients - a 'job to do', kids, water, sunshine.  It generally descends in to messing and laughter.

No comments: