Friday, 9 March 2012

Gymnastic Week 4 W/O3

Feeling quite 'on' for today's session.  The sunny spring day is definitely part of the inspiration - as is a personal success at work.  Positive feedback!

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Handstand work (10 mins)
2a. Chin Variations (Two Arm + 35/30kg x 6, +45kg x 3, Slow One-Arm Eccentric 1 x each arm)
2bi. Headstand RLLs (7/6, 7/6)
2bii. Deadlift (single 150kg)
2c. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
2di. Wall Walk (3, 3)
2dii. Backbridge 15s
3. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (12 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
4. Reverse Dumbell Curls (12)
5.  321 (8L, 8L, 8M)

First things first.  If you become so obese that your anus is more than an arm's-length away, then it is time to do something about your weight.  If it is YOUR anus we are talking about, and YOUR arm's-length we are using as the unit of measurement, then this instruction matters doubly so.

Ok, I've got that off my chest (last nights TV made me quite angry).

So with regard to today's session, I got a very mild tweak in my left elbow after handstands.  HERE IS THE FIRST WARNING.  I'm capitalising this so I can look back from the Good Ship Injury in a few weeks' time and see that all the signs were there - unless I back off very soon and deload.

There was someone else training in the outdoor courtyard and so we 'sort of raced' down the length of the yard - her doing dumbell lunges and me handwalking.  It was a draw and a lot of fun.

There was an added 5kg on to the first set of chins.  I had room for more on the second set - but not a complete extra rep.  I also added a rep to the sets of RLLs (which got some positive comments from another gym-goer).

I crushed the 150kg single DL.  I couldn't add another rep but should have added another 5kg.  I feel DLs may feature back in to my program...

The backbridges and wall walks were interesting.  I felt REALLY flexible today - noticeable in my warm-up.  As such these latter two exercises felt great.

A good session.  Happy, happy, joy, joy!

No comments: