Friday, 23 March 2012

Gymnastic Week 1 W/O3

Last day of deload.  I've a big walk tonight so will sack the 321 work.  I've also been thinking that in this training cycle I might focus on seeking to add reps rather than weight.  Once I repeat my maxes from the last cycle, I will go for one more rep.  I might have to make a modest drop in weights to achieve this in some circumstances.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1a. Handstand work (10 mins)
1b. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)

2a. Chins (10, 10, 10)
2bi. Headstand RLLs (4)
2bii. Deadlift (2x135kg, 2x135kg)
2ci. Wall Walk (2)
2cii. Backbridge (15s, 15s)
3. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (10 x external and internal shoulder rotations)
4. Wrist Push Ups from the Knee (10)
5.  321 (8/8L, 8/8L, 8/8L)

I mixed in the handstands and manna work.  HS felt ok, but only one hold was in the sweet spot to my satisfaction.  I finished with some handwalking.  The last few reps of the last set of chins was tough.

No comments: