Sunday, 20 November 2011

Volume Week 5 W/O1

Different gear, still speeding! I am still trying to go max but am selecting some alternative exercises which tax same/similar muscles (although I am not really sure what my maxes will be for some of these new moves):

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Weighted Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
3. Rope Climb (3, 3, 3)
4a. Scissor Splits (3x '2L, 2R, 2C')
4b. Planche Variations (30s, 30s)
5. Weighted Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
6. Hangboarding (10 min Intermediate)

A thoroughly enjoyable workout.  Rope climbing is always a pleasure.  You can really drive up the rope and, keeping each grip as far apart as possible, really work the shoulder girdle and lats.

I dug out my weight vest (10kg) and decided to use if for the sprints as well as the kill carry.  The sprints felt pretty effortless and fast, but I was rinsed out by the fourth (and last) set.

I ramped up the planche time and should probably have adopted a tucked variation.  I am finding it hard to progress through the planche positions but feel strong in the forms I do.

No comments: