Tuesday, 8 November 2011

Volume Week 3 W/O2

Again I'm going to keep the variety in the shoulder work (MBTs and HSPU variations).

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (20 minutes).
1. Pistols (28kg assistance/56kg working weight: 8, 8, 8)
2i. MBTs(5kg 8)
2ii. HSPU (assisted 10)
2iii. HSPU (unassisted 1)
3. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
4. 5-Way DB Rotator Cuff (10)
5. Reverse DB Wrist Curls (12)

Straight out the bag I have to tell you that Monsieur HSPU went walkabout! I just could not do a HSPU no matter how hard I tried. I took to some handstand lowering instead.

The assisted HSPUs in the set prior were very intense so I don't worry too much about this.

I had a lot to give on the Pistols and so reckon I can push things further - more weight, less reps next week.

I have to say that I am really enjoying the training at the moment. Exercise selection is playing a big part in this I am sure - the feeling after having thrown that medicine ball around for example, is damn good fun.  I still stand by this view.

UPDATE: Above is my latest progress shot.  It is the first one were I have tried to flex a bit (all my other photos have been 'passive')!  It is also post workout, zoomed in and under favourable lighting.  I am heavy at the moment - just under 85kg, but feeling good and strong.  Hope I can keep this up over the festive period and in to the new year....!

No comments: