Friday, 11 November 2011

Volume Week 3 W/O3

After today I will see if I want to cut back next week or keep pushing.  I am wary of injury - particularly when things are going well.  If I do push on for another week or two, I have come across a means of increasing serum testosterone - which in some cases has led to an increase 147% above baseline over the course of a week.

Full cookies (pun intended)!

Warm Up (15 minutes)
Main (25 minutes).
1a. Deadlift (4x145, 5x130)
1b. OACs (5/4x50kg, 6/5x45, 2-arm 10xBW with Straight-Leg Leg Lift)
2. Backbridge, Wall Walk (15s, 2)
3. 321 (x/8L, x/8L, x/8M)

Frickin awesome workout!  I spent longer on the warm up doing several DL and Chin warm up reps at 50% RM (ish).  Then I went for it and it felt OK.  The DLs were done as cluster sets, I could smooth them out or add another rep if I keep with clustering.

The OACs felt quite easy - so I added a rep to each set.  I will aim to get up to 8 reps at these weights.  I added straight-leg leg raises to the final set of chinning just for the hell of it.

I am now thinking to chose alternative exercises in each workout next week (rope climbing, snatch-grip DL of a deficit etc...), and then repeat this workout again (with max effort).  I will see how the weekend plays out.

Came out of the gym with 'the feeling'!  Great stuff.  I'm starting to believe that between Art DeVany, Martin Berkhan, Chris Sommer and Lyle MacDonald my future gains lie.

No comments: