Friday, 18 November 2011

Volume Week 4 W/O3

When it comes to training I am not feeling 'top dollar' today. I feel this is part of the cycle of human behaviour - sometimes I am up, sometimes down - nothing to worry about.  Of course motivation waxes and wanes.  We'll see how it pans out in the workout below.

Next week I am going to change up all exercises for a week (week 5), and then plan to revert to my regular workout for week six.  After which, I will deload and start a training cycle once again.  This variation should prove reinvigorating.

My last session of 321s lead to a fatigue-induced shortfall in reps and sets so I am going to rest the fingers today.  God knows the DLs give your grip a workout of sorts anyway!

Warm Up (15 minutes)
Main (25 minutes).
1a. Deadlift (5/4x145, 6/5x130)
1b. OACs (3X55/50kg, 4X50/45, 2-arm 10xBW with Straight-Leg Leg-Lift)
2. Backbridge, Wall Walk (15s, 2)
3. 321 (x/8L, x/8L, x/8M)

Actually not a bad session at all.  Just prior to it I was still not 'feeling it'.  Plenty of light singles on DLs and Chins perked me up a bit.  My workouts are short and intense - just short enough for me to suck it up and maintain effort.

I managed an extra rep on both sets of DLs.  (I could have done another half each time I reckon - so there is more to come).

The OACs felt good.  I boosted the weight by 5kg and dropped the sets. No elbow injuries at all.  Again I feel there is more to come.

Next week I will swap out the core exercises.  Feeling good.

No comments: