Sunday, 13 November 2011

Volume Week 4 W/O1

It is dull, grey, damp and misty outside. Not the most inviting conditions for a workout...!

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
3. MU to Ring Routine (4, 4, 4)
4a. Scissor Splits (3x '2L, 2R, 2C')
4b. Planche Variations (20s, 20s, 20s)
5. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
6. 321 (8/8L, 5/8L, 0/8M)


Actually not a bad session.  The sprints didn't feel particularly fast - just 'reasonable'.  The MUs were done without cluster setting.  The big change was in the 321s.  I burnt out on the sixth rep of the second set, so sacked the rest of that set and the final set.

Plan is to keep with this routine for the remainder of this week and then next week, keep intensity high but switch out exercises (week 5).  Then in week six, revert back to this routine.  Then the whole cycle will start agian.

Touch wood - I feel strong and unijured at the moment.  Motivation and enthusiasm is generally high.  I need to ride this horse but dismount at my own volition rather than get thrown - that is to say I need to factor in my rest/deload rather than injury force it upon me.  Muscle buckaroo!

No comments: