Friday, 18 March 2011

RTK Wk6 W/O3

So today I have got to keep with the 'no rest between reps of DLs'! *THAT* is the primary goal.  Secondarily I have upped the weights on the OACs.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1a.Deadlift (4X137kg , 5X123kg)
1b. One Arm Chin Ups (4x55, 5x50, 6x45)
2. Wall Walk/Back Bridge to In-L-Sit (2, 2, 2)
3. HSPUs/Lowers/Dumbell Press (4 lwrs, 6x16kg, 6x14kg)
4. Ice Cream Makers (6, 5, 4)
5.Four-Way Rotator Cuff (15)

What a workout! The DLs felt steady. No rest required. Straight through. The OACs were also quite steady.  This could be the calm before the storm. I have one more week of DLs and OACs before some back-cycling and recovery. Then I will focus on strength!

I find it hard to self assess - looking at training records make it easier as you can see a number and ask did it go up or down. Every so often you get a compliment which does more than a cold number ever could. I got a couple today after being approached by a PT. He asked me my age and suggested I must be fitter now than ever before ('woo hoo'). He went on to reckon my BF at around 7%.

Now I reckon my BF is 10% - perhaps slightly under, but no way less than 9%. However the first compliment suggests I have (dare I say), a youthful vitality. He seemed surprised I did NO cardio (apart from what comes with sprinting and sparring), and with generally how little I do (I 'train' no more than about 4 hours a week - but much of that is 'play' and certainly not exhausting).

Jeez I am shallow  :p

No comments: