Friday, 11 March 2011

RTK Wk5 W/O3

The aim today is again to repeat last Friday's workout but to again try to OWN the deadlift.  I will try not to put the weight down between reps on the first set (I put the weight down on the last rep last time).

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (35 mins)
1a.Deadlift (4X137kg , 5X123kg)
1b. One Arm Chin Ups (6/5x49, 7/6x44, 8/7x39)
2. Wall Walk/Back Bridge to In-L-Sit (2, 2, 2)
3. HSPUs/Lowers/Dumbell Press (4, 8/7x14kg, 8x12kg)
4. Ice Cream Makers (5/4, 4, 4)
5.Four-Way Rotator Cuff (15)

I managed to achieve my goal in the DL.  Ambition was not really there, but I delivered.  I think I might consolidate at this weight and rep range rather than pushing it.

I added one rep to each of the OACs.  The first set triggered my left elbow tweak.  But the actual OACs themselves didn't hurt at all.  The HSPU has disappeared so I did some HS Lowers and added a rep on to my dumbell press.  Finally I added a rep on to the ICMs.

I will begin 'week three' next week.  This means for the next three weeks I drop one of my workouts, starting with this Sundays workout.  After this three week period I might take a full week off and then go for some strength gains 'a la Wendler'.

No comments: