Friday, 27 February 2009

Friday Dynamics

My recent illness has now metamorphosed in to Tonsilitis. So much for paleo eating making me bullet-proof to illness. But it is not too severe and physically, I feel very strong and able....but boy can it hurt when I swallow.

I have kicked back a bit and cut down on the martial arts to one session a week. However I have cranked up the climbing a bit with a few social session of bouldering (ie nothing too intensive).

Today I headed back in the gym with the intention of moving weight- FAST!

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25mins)
1a) Pillar Jumps (to a 'comfortable' height, emphasising speed)
1b) Medicine Ball Throws (emphasise speed)
-- 8 Sets x 2 Reps, 20s rest between --

2a) Kneel to HS/Hand Walk
2b) Wall Walk
-- 4 Sets x 3 Reps, 40s rest between --

3b) Two Handed Rows
-- 8 Sets x 2 Reps, 20s rest between --

4a) Planche
4b) Body Lever
4c) Cuts
-- 4x15sec in the static holds with 30s rest between in cuts --

It was again one of those short intense workouts from which I strode out of the gym feeling warmed through but still strong. In each case above, the money-shot came with the last set or two.