Sunday, 22 February 2009

Business As Usual

I have had few days off since the middle of the week as my cold seemed to develop in to a viral infection. The glands in my neck were swollen like a King Cobra and from Wednesday night to Saturday morning and I HAD to have 12hours sleep a night each day!

Fasting 24hrs a few times and lots of low intensity work - ie walking with the kids outdoors in the sunshine along with plenty of fluids quickly has enabled me to overcome the illness. When ill I compress my eating in to a 4 hour window but in this instance generally ate only once a day for the three days.

Tonight I went back to a climbing focused workout. As it is summer I intend to push the practical/application side of my training a bit further towards climbing.

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (20 mins)
1a) Basic Ring Routine
1b) Ring Splits
1c) Laddering
-- (3Sets x 3 Reps) --

I have cut back on the sprinting due to my knee ache of last week and to allow for the long walk I did with Captain Kid on Friday. The knee feels good but it probably is a good idea to give it a bit more time.

Although the main section was 3x3, I did a couple of extra sets on the fingerboard changing grips and rung size accordingly.