Sunday, 15 February 2009

Sunday's HG Workout

I seem to have a bit of an ache under my right knee cap. I am not sure what is causing it but I am going to cut back a bit on the sprinting - well sprinting on roads anyway. It could also be related to kick-boxing so I need to try to take it a bit easier on the kicks.


We went swimming earlier in the day which I find quite therapeutic. In addition I fasted today after a feast of chocolate yesterday! I like to fast on either Saturday or Sunday and then one further day in the week (normally Wednesday).


This evening I decided to focus on individual exercises rather than my usual short-circuits. the rest times were kept well under a minute:

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main (25mins)
1) 5x80m Hill Sprints (rest of <1min)
2) 5x Ring Sequence (rest of 45s)
3) 4x Ring Scissors (hold last rep for 5sec)

4) 3x Assisted Ladders (rest for 1 minute)
5) 4x Ladders (rest 45s)


I was still feeling the snatches from Friday (I REALLY ripped the weight up from the ground) and so eased back on the leg work ever so slightly this evening. The last two exercises were purely aimed at finger strength and so were not really relevant in the wider training context.

No comments: