Friday, 23 January 2009

Friday Session

I went to the climbing wall last night and climbed routes rather than bouldering. My stamina is way down, but the power and ability to recover is still there.

I chose another quick workout this lunch aimed at flexibility - but got suckered in to a wee bit of dynamic strength work:

Warm Up (5 mins)

Main (15 mins)
1a) 20m Shuttle Sprints (8, 8, 6, 4)
1b) One Arm Medicine Ball Throws (8x2kg, 8x2kg, 6x3kg, 4,5kg)
1c) Pillar Jumps (8xTwoLeg, 8xTwoLeg, 6xOneLeg, 2xTwoLeg + 2xOneLeg)
Rest 30 seconds and repeat!

Flexibility (10 Mins)
2a) Back Bridge (4x15s)
2b) Planche (3x5s, 1x15s - easier variation)

3a) Lever (2x5s, 1x15s - easier variation)
3b) Cuts (3x30s each side)

The exercises were grouped as shown (so for example, completing one each of 1a, 1b and 1c constitutes a set). I aimed broadly for 4 sets in each group. The OAMBT should emphasise explosiveness - as should the jumps.

It was a cloudy but mild day and the ground was wet but when the sun broke through it was rather enjoyable. The back bridges felt really good today. I think I am improving my shoulder flexibility. I was in and out in around 30 minutes.

No comments: