Friday, 9 January 2009

Friday Gymnastics

I put together another quick routine for today (in and out the gym in about 30 mins). It focused on flexibility and basic strength:

Warm Up (5 mins)
Main
1) Planche (1min total)
2) Back Bridge (1min total)

3) Cuts (30s per side)
4) Body Levers (1min total)

The gym was packed out with serial dieters enduring the annual ritual of reaffirming the feedback that 'eat less, do more' really does not work.

The good points of today's workout is that I managed 7 seconds of tuck planche. I have NEVER been able to do this before so this was a real surprise and boost. The remainder of the planches were shorter (3 seconds) and I padded the minute duration with some frog planches (straight armed). The body lever involved a straddle - which is another first.

I like being a generalist and gymnastics gives you 'general strength' (albeit BRUTAL strength). I intend to focus a bit more on gymnastics this year thus erring from true paleo. I will maintain a paleo element.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Are there any resources you could recommend to learn gymnastics moves? Beast Skills has some good stuff but I'd be interested in other material