Tuesday, 9 October 2012

RPT Wk2 W/O2

So it is time to up the weight and lower the reps for the pistols.  The first set should be free-standing bodyweight!  I also need to add more weight on the OACs particularly for that first set!

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand Variation (air squats + side lunges, one legged floor touches + front lunges, front/side/turning kicks + hanging kicks)
2a. Pistols (4x80kg, 6x75kg, 8x70kg)
2b. OACs (4x65kg, 6x55kg, 8x45kg)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Wrist Push Ups (12)
6. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)

Weight : 80kg
I did the OACs and Pistols as a complex (with three minute rests between sets).  So I'd complete the first set of pistols, rest three minutes, and in that rest period, knock off the OACs.

I managed the pistols without much trouble.  Reckon I could add a rep on to the first set.  I am pleased to be totally freestanding and using full bodyweight with the pistols.  Once I hit a solid six reps I will make sure I lower for longer.

The OACs surprised with added weight and only one short of my target in the first set.

Good session in strong autumnal sunshine.  Loved it!

No comments: