Tuesday, 23 October 2012

RPT Wk4 W/O2

Looking forward to this session!  No sure if I will aim for another OAC rep on the head-set, or extend the negative phase of the exercise.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand Variation (air squats + side lunges, one legged floor touches + front lunges, front/side/turning kicks + hanging/spinning/back kicks)
2a. Pistols (4x80kg, 6x75kg, 8x70kg)
2b. OACs (4x65kg, 6x55kg, 8x45kg)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Wrist Push Ups (12)
6. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)

Weight : 80kg
The warm up and handstands went well.  The first HS was under 20s , the second under 15s (and it took me two attempts to throw up in to position).  I know that my shoulders are tired and this is an indication to back off sooner rather than later.  I finished with some hand walking but pulled up short of my usual distance due to fatigue.  The steps were rather clumsy as well.  I have been warned!

I was hunting for 'extras' on the main bit of the workout, and as with last week, the Pistols could have been squeezed but not the OACs.  I declined to push the Pistols because of my HRS work (around 2.5mins morning and night).  The OACs just weren't up to an extra rep.  I did focus on form, and really engaged with the negative phase.

It is important to be 'deliberate' throughout your routine.  I find that sometimes I rush the prehab and just try to hit the reps rather than deliberately engaging with the exercise and focusing on individual reps.  If you find yourself doing the same then you should consider changing your routine and shifting the lacklustre exercises to another day; do it well or don't do it at all.

No comments: