Tuesday, 16 October 2012

RPT Wk3 W/O2

To quote myself  "So it is time to up the weight and lower the reps for the pistols.  The first set should be free-standing bodyweight!  I also need to add more weight on the OACs particularly for that first set!"

With regard to pistols, as I am greasing the groove with HRSs, I will not add weight or reps this time around.  The OACs look like they are due an extra rep on that first set at least!

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand Variation (air squats + side lunges, one legged floor touches + front lunges, front/side/turning kicks + hanging/spinning/back kicks)
2a. Pistols (4x80kg, 6x75kg, 8x70kg)
2b. OACs (4/5x65kg, 6x55kg, 8x45kg)

Forearm and Wrist Prehabilitation
4. Golfers Elbow Drumstick Rotation (12)
5. Wrist Push Ups (12)
6. Reverse Wrist Curl (12)

Weight : 80kg
Handstand one was great.  Number two was poor but three was 'accomplished' if short.  I finished the handstand workout with a hand walk.

I couldn't add an extra rep to the OACs - I nearly got it but not quite.  I now plan to work on slowing the lowering phase of the OACs and try to get that extra rep this way.  I could add weight but the machine I use offers weight in jumps of 5kg - which is too big a step, and I cannot be bothered with holding 'biscuits'.

A superb session. Really enjoyable. 

No comments: