Friday, 26 October 2012

RPT Wk4 W/O3

I've been thinking of pushing the pistol session (workout 2/3), in to a 5x5 template.  I think I am getting close to being able to work on multiple set of body weight alone.

On a bigger-picture scale, I think I need to think about wrapping up this cycle.  Things seem to be going well and a Wendler cycle will give me chance to recalibrate my maxes.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand Variations (air squats + side lunges, front lunges + floor touches, front/side/turning kicks + low /reverse/spinning kicks)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Deadlift (6/4x135/140, 8/6x110/120, 10/8x95/100)
4. Wall Walk (3, 3)
5. Backbridge (15s)

Shoulder Pre-habilitation
6. External Shoulder Rotations (12)
7. Internal Shoulder Rotations (12)

8. 321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering

Weight: 80kg
My handstands sucked.  I've thrown to good HS's during my Lau Gar classes through the week, but there is no getting away from the fact that my shoulders are tired.

I pushed the weight on the DLs but dropped the reps.  I'm still not totally happy with my technique - being well over 6ft with long legs means it is awkward getting the bar over my knees.  But, I don't think that generally the DLs are 'that' bad.

Backbridging and wall walking feels good.  Shoulders and back are pretty flexible.

Might be time to deload....

No comments: