Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Spontaneous Workout

The Truth About LookingYounger was basically a paleo diet - until such time as they can come up with cramming veggie antioxidants in to a pill.  Avoid the sun on your face (UVA Ages and UVB Burns), and be aware of the very strong correlation between sugar and wrinkles!

Although I've enjoyed respite from the awesomeness of 531, I dug out my bike and headed down to the local park for the following:

1. Muscle Ups (5, 5, 3/5)
2. Chins (12, 12, 12)
3. Handwalking (for time)
4. Planch Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)

I couldn't complete the last reps of the last set of MUs, the chins gassed me a bit as well.  Handwalking was a gas, but the teenagers on the mini-track stopped me from attempting handwalking over various ramps and other obstacles (something I've been inspired by since watching Unbeatable Banzuki).

Summer has recently come to the UK, so the last few days have been a blur of climbing, wildswimming, trampolining ("1, 2, 3, 4,  We Are Playing Pooh-Ball") and cycling with the kids.  Flash has discovered her cycling mojo and Captain Kid has recently taken to going off-road on her mountain-bike.  All good stuff.

Although I have to 'give-out' to them on occasion, they are great fun to be around.  I love how kids live in the here and now; never burdened by the past, nor by fear of the future.

I might deadlift on Friday and then rest.  We are off Glamping in Norfolk (living in a teepee), where we hope to do some sea-shore foraging.  I've also got my my eye on some wild swimming at one or two locations but will generally explore the area and see what turns up.  Should be fun.

No comments: