Friday, 20 July 2012

531 Wk4 W/O3

Deadlift day!  Last day of this cycle.  I think I will repeat this cycle (although holiday will get in the way).  I am looking to use this routine to push volume through reps as follows; 5->8, 3->5, 1->3.  With DLs I will keep to a 531 template.  I need to perhaps try to work on strength for one more cycle and use RMS from an earlier cycle. 

The only other thing I want to do is to put in some exercise variation on occasion - bar MUs in particular.  Something for me to think about....but broadly I am happy with my routine atm.

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (35 minutes)
1. Handstand (air squats + side lunges, front lunges + floor touches, front/side/turning kicks)
2. Manna Progression (three rounds for time)
3. Deadlift (5x63, 5x79, 5x95)
4. Wall Walk (3)
5. Backbridge (15s, 15s)

Shoulder Prehabilitation
6. External Shoulder Rotations (12)
7. External Shoulder Rotations (12)

8. 321 (8L, 8L, 8L)/Bouldering
A good session.

1 comment:

Christine Mattice said...

Good luck! I got tired just reading your list of activities here. But you've given me so motivation to start my own workout program.