Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Gymnastic Week 1 W/O2

Deloaded. Medium volume. Shoulder prehab focus at the end (wrist prehab will be done in a separate session).

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. HSPU/Handstand/Handwalk (For time)
2a. Pistols Assisted (70kgx8, 70kgx8, 70kgx8)
2b. L-Sit/Manna Variation (for time)
3i. OAC (5x55kg, 5x55kg)
3ii. Two Arm Chin (BWx10)
4. Backlever to Frontlever (5s, 5s, 5s)

Shoulder Prehab:
5. Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff (10 x external and internal shoulder rotations)

Awesome workout.  Really enjoyed it and felt fighting fit throughout.  I wanted to push it but stuck to my mantra of 'deload'!  Left the gym feeling uber-good.

The handstands were consistently in the sweet spot.  Absolutely in control - able to make adjustments.  I interleaved some hip flexibility work (lunges etc...), which has really helped my left hip.

The OACs felt solid and I could have given more - same with the pistols.  My levers still suck, but they aren't a priority at the moment (hence their place near the bottom of my routine.

It is strange how gym sessions can leave you variously feeling maxed out, depleted, ambivalent or 'godamnfucking-A.

2 comments:

Karn said...

What is a "Two Way DB"?

Asclepius said...

Hi Karn. Check out the post again and next to wehere it says "Two-Way DB Rotator Cuff" you'll see a hot link - hover your mouse over "(10 x external and internal shoulder rotations)".

This link will take you to a pdf where internal and external rotations using a theraband are shown. I use DB, weight and or bands to do this exercise.