Sunday, 29 April 2012

Gymnastic Week 1 W/O1

Back in to it - and damn, if it isn't a cold, wet and generally grim morning.  Still, got to suck it up.  I am sure I will be buzzing post-exercise - and it'll be a quick session.

After a week off this will be a deloaded week, with only one set of each:

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s)
3ai. Rope Climb (2)
3aii. MU to Ring Routine (2).
3b. Scissor Splits (1 x '2L, 2R, 2C')
3c. Planche (25s)
4. 321
5. Barefoot Kill Carry

Well - that went well!  As anticipated, it went quickly and left me feeling in the mood to "pull more and harder"!    The sprints felt fast and light, as did the MUs.  Lots more cookies in the jar.

One thing I need to bear in mind is that rope climbing seems to be particularly aggressive on the elbows.  I will split out my prehab in future and finish my second workout of the week with wrist prehab whilst the third workout will be elbows (rather than mixing a bit of both at the end of these workouts).

No comments: