Sunday, 13 May 2012

Gymnastic Week 3 W/O1

The current LC/Paleosphere shit-storm seems to be rumbling off in to colder territory on the back of a mammoth.

FWIW, as much as I've found some of Carbsane's posts a wee-bit 'stalky' at times - and her criticism of Taubes has been particularly vicious on occasion. I've also found her posts to be funny, entertaining and highly educational.

Personally I think Evelyn is a valuable force in the paleosphere and someone who makes compelling arguments (along with bloggers like Hyperlipid, Stefan, Taubes and a few others).  They may not all be right on all counts, but they all hold credible bits of the puzzle (as far as I can tell).

To be honest, if such qualified people cannot agree, there is little hope for the rest of us - yet I enjoy the debate.  Frankly things are now being driven by ego and narcissistic self-pity.  We're headed off in to something darker and farcical.

This post is simply to show my support for Carbsane!  Can't see she has done anything other than call shit when she see's shit.  You can make up your own mind once you've boned up on the situation here.

Back to my workout.  Remember "power is the ability to move, not the ability to control".

Warm Up (5 minutes)
Main (30 minutes).
1. Stairgators (1)
2. Barefoot Sprinting (1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s, 1x10s)
3. Planche Variations (25s, 25s, 25s)
4i. Rope Climb (3)
4ii. MU to Ring Routine (3, 3, 3).
5. Scissor Splits (3x '2L, 2R, 2C')
6. Barefoot Kill Carry (1)
7. 321 (8L, 8L, 7/8L)
Sprinting felt light and quick, but not as fast as it could have done.  After climbing outdoors yesterday I expected the ring-work to be tough, but it felt pretty solid throughout.  Planches are coming in on time - and have me thinking I need to push my training spotlight back in this direction sooner rather than later.

2 comments:

Steven Blondeau said...

As soon as something becomes a movement with a name it's time to clear out and keep moving. The finger pointing at the moon has become confused with the moon itself.

Asclepius said...

Hi Steve. 'Movements' have commercial value - especially diet ones. Follow the money.

'Keep moving' is sage advice.